Remedial Action Cost Engineering and Requirements
Maximize time and profits with simple and accurate estimates generated using the Remedial Action Cost Engineering Requirements (RACER®) Software!
AECOM’s RACER® software is a parametric cost estimating tool developed specifically for environmental remediation and restoration projects.
Adaptable and scalable for any size project or portfolio, RACER is validated and accredited to provide credible, auditable, and defensible budget-level estimates. It is widely used by corporations, consultants, government agencies, environmental regulators, and others to estimate environmental liability
What are the Key Features of RACER?
- “Parametric” estimating methodology uses high‐level inputs to identify and quantify items for implementing the project.
- Library of over 110 modules for studies, site work, waste removal, containment, treatment, disposal, and documentation.
- Addresses soil, groundwater, surface water, sediment, residual wastes, free product, building materials, and ambient/indoor air.
- Contains unit prices for more than 5,400 items commonly used in site investigations, remediation, and monitoring.
- Location adjustment factors for 1,500 cities worldwide.
- Includes markup factors for overhead, general & administrative costs, profit, owner’s internal cost, and contingency.
- Over 30 reports for line item detail, cash flow projections, work breakdown structure, residual waste management, and audit trail.
- Comprehensive help system accessible at any point in the system provides step-by-step instructions for working with RACER.
- Preferences enable users to customize estimates to address organizational, regulatory, and project-specific requirements.
- Updated annually with current unit prices, location adjustment factors, and escalation factors.
Benefits of Using RACER:
Our framework covers tools, processes and data to avoid unrealistic estimates. Using industry recognized risk analysis processes, the software also allows for quality assurance by an independent owner team or consultant, use of data from similar projects. Benchmarking the estimate cost and schedule against similar projects which have already been completed can identify any final areas of concern.
- Methodology: The estimates generated are aligned to the project Work Breakdown Structure and schedule, and, depending on the operator, may meet any internal governance/approval processes.
- Scope: The software allows the estimator the ability to verify the level of scope definition and understand the cost drivers. Location modifiers included within the software as well as parameters that narrow down on the nature of the site and working conditions allow for accurate assessment of productivity.
- Assure: The RACER software allows for quality assurance of the estimate by an independent owner team or consultant.
- Risk: industry recognized risk analysis processes are utilized in the technologies housed within the RACER software. This software is also current and undergoes annual updates to database and cost models.
- Benchmark: The RACER software allows the estimator to use data from similar projects. Benchmarking the estimate cost and schedule against similar projects which have already been completed can identify any final areas of concern.
- Accuracy and efficiency: The first estimate to reach the customer’s desk usually has an advantage to win the business. Yet equally as important is the ability to get it done accurately. There is a high cost to low estimates. Underestimating the scope or cost of a project can have serious consequences. Our RACER software allows you to quickly access information about your materials, labor, waste, overhead, all while also allowing you to customize your estimate with our user defined feature, so that you are then able to send completely accurate quotes in just a few clicks. Increase profits in your business by winning more business with accurate and efficient estimates.
- Unique, spur-of-the-moment jobs: Great customer service includes having the ability to accommodate spur-of-the-moment client needs. With the RACER software you have the ability to meet these last-minute, rush jobs. You can quickly pull up your client’s information, plug in the required materials and labor, and push a quote out in minutes.
- Quick and Easy-to-use: Contains pre-built templates for common site types and contaminants. Software allows user to generate and also upgrade quotes with a single mouse click.
- Comprehensive: Addresses all lifecycle stages and over 110 environmental technologies
- Auditable: Generate realistic estimates and comprehensive reports that provide defensible basis.
AECOM has arranged for a number of RACER software training opportunities for year 2017.
|1Tentative Course Schedule: In-Class & Webinar||2Open Registration||3Closed Registration|
|Spring Class||March 15 & 16, 2017||February 22, 2017||March 3, 2017|
|Summer Class I||April 25 & 26, 2017||March 16, 2017||April 6, 2017|
|Summer Class II||June 20 & 21, 2017||May 11, 2017||June 1, 2017|
|Fall Class||Sept 12 & 13, 2017||August 3, 2017||August 24, 2017|
|Winter Class||Nov 7 & 8, 2017||Sept 28, 2017||Oct 19, 2017|
|1Tentative Course Schedule: In-Class& Webinar – May change to accommodate guest presenters & student needs|
|2Open Registration: Please contact AECOM via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (1.800.499.2919) to request a copy of the RACER software training class registration material.|
|3Closed Registration: AECOM RACER team will begin processing payments and organizing for mailing of course material.|
Please note that AECOM can schedule an individual class for a client in Denver or at their facility, if client is paying for a full class or there are enough paying students (minimum of 3 required).
RACER Class Description
The RACER 199 Training Class is the most thorough introduction to the world of RACER. This class is currently offered in two formats, Webinar and In-class. This two-day course includes familiarizing the user with the graphical interface of RACER, learning how to navigate within the RACER system, and creating an estimate. Each remedial phase (study, remedial action, long-term monitoring, etc.) will be explored, and guided in-class example projects will help the user develop competence and confidence in using the RACER system.
This course also includes instruction on how create customized estimates for unique conditions using the RACER Preferences. The user will create and apply custom assemblies, analytical and professional labor templates, markup templates, and user-defined estimates. This functionality enables the user to maintain the structure of a RACER estimate, but allows the flexibility to estimate any project. Using the Preferences also greatly increases the accuracy of any RACER estimate.
The class begins at 8:30am, and includes breaks and a lunch period each day. Class syllabus will be provided at registration and course materials will be mailed out to student following processing of payment (about 2 weeks before class begins).
We encourage our RACER software users to take advantage of our 2017 training opportunities. Knowledge gained from the class will aid you in maximizing time and profits with simple and accurate estimates generated using the RACER software.
Please contact AECOM via email (email@example.com) or phone (1.800.499.2919) to request a copy of the RACER software training class registration material.
Pricing & Ordering